My Superwoman!

Mama, my Superwoman!

 


My first blog goes out to all you Superwomen, yes to all you 'Mothers'
Fathers, please don't feel offended, you all are great too. 
Like every person gives credit to his or her Mom, I too can't miss a chance to credit my Mom, 
for all her efforts to keep up, with such a daughter like me. 

She still keeps telling me that in her early days, she was such a sweet, quiet lady until I was born. Not that she isn't sweet anymore, but they say, after you have a child, it is at that moment, when all your nerves pop out making it tough for you to remain calm and sober with all the heavy load of responsibilities of managing a baby, husband, family life, work life, household chores etc... blah blah blah and the list never ends.

After watching my mom all these years, I felt like sharing my funny take on certain things, which I feel are very common, in most of the Moms. Here are some of them:

* Motherly Instinct:

https://tenor.com/view/moms-moms-know-best-mothers-day-gif-11752712 

 
This may sound cliche but yea "Maa toh Maa hoti hai!" 
Let me give you my own example. Sometimes the very look of my baby boy, freezes me suddenly, turning me into a 'Psychic', who can see that he is just about to poop but my husband tends to disagree and says"Naah! He wont!" But I stay firm and say "Oh yea! He will." While we say "Oh No" and "Oh yea", my eyes roll on to my baby boy who is sticking his cute little tongue out and there comes 'The Poop'. Now that kinda strong gut feeling is called the 'Motherly Instinct'. I'm not joking, such instincts have helped me win against my husband most of the times.😁


* An Excellent Actor:

 

 
 
Mothers are excellent actors. They can pull up anything with a smile despite of being upset. Mothers very well know how to switch from a 'Calm sober mood' to an 'Angry Mom mode' and then again back to 'Sober mode' and vice versa just like one does the 'Yoga breathing exercises'. Not a joke, its just not easy to do that switch on and switch off in stressful times. Moms aren't simply Superwomen. If it wasn't for their patience and care, we would never have good examples to learn from.
 
 
Mothers first come into your quiet silent dark cozy room where they scan and find you, snoring to glory and then follows the loud noises like "Baaaaam, Dooooom, Daaaaamnn" GETTTT UP!" and if still do not wake up from that heart attack, I'm sure some of you'll would have their bed sheets pulled off as a second alarm, just the way I had and yea there you are, alive, awake & ready to go to your school or work in no time. You will only know why she did that to you until you become a mother. 
 
PS: On the flip side, here I cannot miss to appreciate my Dad who is a quiet patient man, he would always wake me up in the most peaceful manner. 😄
 
 
 
 
Every child in their life would have encountered their moms saying this famous dialogue "You are good for nothing! You just don't help your Mom ,you only waste time." You will be compared to your aunt, uncle or even neighbor's kids for not being of any help in the house. 
 
Again, my request to all the fathers out there, at this stage you better stay out of the conversation, because, if you try to speak up for your kid, trust me, you won't get to hear nice things about yourself too! 😶

 

* The Embarrassment:

 

 
Ok, there can't be any kid whose mom would have not embarrassed him or her in front of their friends or relatives. They do that because they don't find anything wrong in telling others about their children bad stuff and habits and also according to them - "THE NATION WANTS TO KNOW!" 😑

 

Now you know how Important and dear your Mother is to you-

 

 
This every marriageable girl will relate to. Every girl cries the most, on the day of her marriage, not only because she's gonna miss her family but also when she figures a small cloud popping out of her head, where which she sees that from now on her Superwoman Mom, is nowhere gonna be around in the husband's place and she wont be able to say things like:
' Mama! Where's my this, where's my that, can you please find it!' And mind you, she knows where it is.
Mama! I'm not feeling well today. Mama, hungry, can you please make me something to eat!
And there she is like a wonder chef with a dish on the table.
Nobody's going to allow you to sleep for long or wake you up there. 
You gotta get up early like a Bat, on your own and finish all your business on time.

I have shared with you'll just some of my thoughts and memories.  
Now that I have stepped in my mom's shoes and become a Mother myself, I can only imagine how difficult it would have been for her. 
Her care, concern and all those mad moments between us, now strikes me like  a lightening bolt. 
I do regret the times I haven't treated her good.

All said and done, all these good or funny memories that we have shared with our mothers will always be close to our hearts. They really deserve all the love and respect for sacrificing their dreams, in making us what we are today! What are your funny memories??? Please do share...😃

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Interview with the Goan YouTuber @Onlyemilina, Emilina Rebello

Interview with 'Goa's Travel Vlogger & The Big YouTuber ' - Moses J. Saldanha